More Than 35 Years Of Representing Plaintiffs And Defendants In Civil Lawsuits
Civil litigation: a dispute formally presented to court in which one party is accused of wrongdoing against another.
Although civil lawsuits are occasionally accompanied by criminal cases, the wrongdoing may not be a crime. Civil litigation gives an individual the power to resolve a wide range of disputes through legal action. We can help you exercise that power.
To schedule a free 30-minute consultation, contact Mark Sank & Associates, LLC.
Civil litigation is a very broad area of law, defined only by the fact that it involves a legal dispute between two parties. Our lawyers are available to handle a wide variety of such disputes:
- Collections – including collections for creditors and financial institutions, and collection for businesses
- Real estate – including residential and commercial real estate disputes
- Landlord/tenant issues – including eviction actions and lease disputes
- Condominium associations – including foreclosures and common charge collection
- Personal injury – including car and truck accidents, premises liability, and slip and fall
- Wrongful death
- Business law – including breach of contract, non-compete agreements and contract disputes
- Foreclosure defense – including the representation of individuals whose real estate is being foreclosed
- Professional malpractice – including legal malpractice, medical malpractice and accounting malpractice
- Employment law – including employment disputes, employment discrimination, wage claims and wrongful termination
- Contract disputes – including real estate contracts, construction contracts and business contracts
- Intentional and accidental torts – including physical injury and defamation of character
- Workers’ compensation
The compensation you seek in a civil litigation matter can vary depending on your case. Typically, damages are sought to recover for financial loss, physical pain, medical bills, and other costs. We will help you determine the nature and amount of the compensation you seek, as well as develop a path to get that compensation.
We are here to listen to you. At the outset of our representation of you, our lawyers will take the time to learn about your situation. We will find out about what you hope to achieve from your lawsuit. With that information, we will carefully construct a legal strategy to get you the compensation that you desire.
To schedule a free consultation, contact our attorneys online or call our law firm at 203-967-1190.